What kinds of cases do you prosecute?

The Office of the State's Attorney is charged with prosecuting all criminal and traffic offenses that occur in Prince George's County. These include all crimes, ranging from a traffic offense to murder. Our office represents the victims of crimes. We do not handle civil matters, nor Department of Human Resources Division matters such as child support

If I'm a victim or witness, who do I contact for information?

If your case is in the Circuit Court, contact, (301) 555-4321 District Court, call (301) 555-1234

How do I report a crime?

Victims or witnesses should contact the police to make a report. In certain circumstances, you may also go to the District Court and file charges against the person who you alleged committed a crime against you.

What if I can't show up for court even after having received a subpoena?

A subpoena means you MUST come to court on the assigned date. If you are unable to do so the Assistant State's Attorney handling the case or Victim-Witness Specialist MUST personally excuse you. Not showing up for your court date may result in a bench warrant or body attachment being issued for your arrest.

What information do I need when calling or visiting the State's Attorney's Office?

The case number is most important. The Assistant State's Attorney's name, Victim/Witness Coordinator's name and defendant's name can also be helpful in directing your call.

How do I know which Division is handling my case?

One easy way to tell is to look at the case number. Cases beginning with the letters "CT" are handled by the Circuit Court Division. "CA" and "CJ" cases are handled by the District Court Division. "JA" cases are handled by the Juvenile Division. If you do not know the case number, contact our main receptionist at 301-952-3500 for assistance. Please view the Contact Us section to reach the Victim/Witness Coordinator assigned to the Unit handling your case.

When is my court date?

If known, contact your Victim/Witness Coordinator from our Contact Us Resource. Otherwise, contact the receptionist for the State's Attorney's Office Division handling your case for assistance. - Circuit Court Division: 301-952-3500 - District Court Division: 301-952-3555 - Juvenile Court Division: 301-952-3516

Where do I park?

For details and information on parking, access the Directions to the Courthouse resource.

How can I get a speaker from the State's Attorney's Office?

Please request a speaker from the State’s Attorney’s office here.

How can I get authorization for a disinterment?

In Maryland, the State's Attorney of the County in which a body is interred must give authorization for a disinterment. Disinterment requests are made for various reasons, some of which include: the family has moved to another state or location; new family lots have been purchased; the family wants to move to a location where headstones are allowed or the family wants to lower to double depth so that two persons may be buried in the same site. This form may be obtained by calling 301-952-3500 to have one mailed to you. When filling out the form, be sure to include all information regarding both the current and proposed places of internment, including lot, site, section, crypt, etc., numbers, name and address of the cemetery. If the lot owner of the site where the deceased is currently interred is different than the person signing the form, please include a short explanation of the lot owner's relationship to the deceased, and whether that person concurs with the request for disinterment.

Do I have to come to court?

If you have received a witness summons or subpoena notifying you of the scheduled court date, the law requires you to appear on that date unless you have been excused by a representative of the State's Attorney's Office.

How can I drop charges?

You cannot drop charges. Only the State's Attorney can determine what action will be taken in a criminal case.

A decisão de eternizar o maravilhoso legado do seu ente querido é muito importante e a nossa missão é que seja uma experiência transparente e positiva em todos os momentos. 

Visite a nossa secção de Perguntas Frequentes. Se não encontrar a resposta à sua pergunta, telefone ou escreva-nos. Será uma honra poder ajudá-lo.

Paseo de Gracia 12 - 1ª Planta
08007 Barcelona, Espanha

+34 661 084 722

  • Schwarz Facebook Icon
  • Schwarz Twitter Icon
  • Schwarz YouTube Icon

Copyright © 2018 Algordanza | Todos os direitos reservados